1126 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathryn_Barkla
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I am wanting to receive a notification to let me know that a due date is coming up. Is this possible?

5 Replies 5

Hi @Kathryn_Barkla - I would do something like this:

Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 09.38.49.png

Have a formula field to calculate your “Due in” value:

DATETIME_DIFF({Due Date}, TODAY(), 'days')

You can create a view where the Due In value is, say, 5 or less, using a filter:

Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 09.41.21.png

Now, using Zapier, you can trigger an email when a record first appears in this view.

JB

Thanks for this info! Can you elaborate a tad please? Im curious if you can show how you set the filter for 5 or less days?

Hi @Alison_Roadburg - this is my table:

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 12.11.01

Then I can create a filter like this:

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 12.10.50

Resulting in this:

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 12.12.14

Alison_Roadburg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Perfect!! Thanks @JonathanBowen!

Hello, I need help with a similar problem. I have set up a integration of airtable and asana with integromat. Now i would like to update task in asana with a comment on the due date.

I would like to add this comment at 5 pm on the day of the due date since our office closes at 6 pm. The assignee could then reply with reason why the task was delayed.

Currently, the Due date column doesn’t keep time enabled and i would like to keep it that way. Default is 12 am i think. Now, i created the same column ‘due in’, but i want it to be in hours which become zero at 5 pm on the day of the due date.

In Integromat, i can simply filter all records where the ‘due in’ is zero or less to add a comment.

Using, Now () in formulae in returns in hours but i want it to be in my own time zone. I am using this formulae.
DATETIME_DIFF(NOW(),{Due date},‘hours’)
Please guide.