Help

Re: remoteFetchAsync not working

Solved
Jump to Solution
3237 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wheels_2go
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Today any script that I was using remoteFetchAsync (to avoid CORS errors) is giving me this error:

 j: Error: Bad request: <root>.requestJson is missing

This error comes up on a few requests to different unrelated APIs. Additionally, some which work using regular fetch give this error when using remoteFetchAsync.

These scripts were working fine until now. Any ideas?

46 Replies 46
rich186
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Happening for us too. Business critical - customers are delayed 😬

We have same problem and this fixed it for us. thank you so much for posting you saved us a lot of pain

 
Mauro_nappolini
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, 

I am also experiencing the same problem and is preventing me from delivering a project. The browser extension does not work on my side and using "fetch" results in a CORS error. 

Any guidance on how to overcome the issue will be fantastic.

Many thanks, 

Konst
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

rudrava
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

just use fetch api instead of remoteFetchAsync it worked for me

NirT
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone have a solution for this or an answer if it's an Airtable's side issue that will be fixed or not (both fetch and remoteFetchAsync are not working)?

siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Not sure the mentioned CORS browser extension does not work on Airtable "fetch" script on my side (MS Edge) as it got blocked by Airtable client side script regardless of CORS is bypass or not.

siriwat_0-1694685998847.png

Especially, when my targeted remoteUrl is another airtable webhook. Sadly no server side modification could be done here.

rn1212
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

same problem here. using fetch is not possible for us because we can't change cors settings. hope this gets solved very soon.

Greg_Lhotellier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Same problem here!

Don't really want break everything by trying workarounds...

rudrava
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

yea same here tried almost everything and i think its on the side of airtable as they were rolling out new stuff for automations as  some of the mails they have been sending suggested me. 
And for me the fetch is working I dont know how i didnt do any workaround or something. I just replaced the removeFetchAsync with fetch and it worked fine