1016 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russell_Semenov
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am not able to revert back to “unsorted” view (revert back to viewing records as they were originally entered).
Removing all sorting layers does not work.

I found 2 workarounds:

1. using Undo (Ctrl+Z) or
  2. Copying ‘sort from another view’. Copy a current view. Perform necessary sort on the original view, and then ‘copy sort’ from a copied view to revert back to original state. This is a decent workaround. However, it would be nice to see the ‘sort’ function work as intended.
4 Replies 4

It’s not a bug, it is just the natural consequence I think. As you said, the first “order” is unsorted (you can drag and drop for instance), so removing the Sort rules does not give you back any ordering.

What you could do is create a Created Time field and sort by it, so you would have the “original order”.

Thank you, Elias!

Created Time field worked like a charm!

Autonumber field would work too

Keep in mind while CREATED_TIME() is persistent, an ajutonumber field can be changed. That is, if you sort a table and then change the configuration of a CREATED_TIME() field to, say, a date field and back, the field retains its original values. If you change an autonumber field to number and back, it will renumber based on the new order. This can be a handy trick at times.

It’s good to know. Thank you!

d5fceb6532643d0d84ffe09c40c481ecdf59e15a.gif