cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sappho_Hansen_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

I followed this support article almost exactly in an attempt to repeat yearly deadlines (grant applications), but for some reason, everything automatically copies over except for the new date. I used the formula DATEADD(Date, 365, ‘day’) to create a column that adds a year to each date (which does work), then tried to input that as the date when my automation creates a new record (triggered by it entering a “past events” view, containing any event with a date before today, so that when a day passes it gets added to next year’s calendar). But alas, the date just won’t copy over.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! ❤️

The support article I followed:

4 Replies 4
Sappho_Hansen_S

JK I FIGURED IT OUT

Just in case anyone else has this problem, idk why, but when I changed my trigger to “when a record matches conditions” and set the conditions to “when the Date is today” instead of going into a view, it solved the problem and automatically copies all the info to next year’s calendar :slightly_smiling_face:

I recommend that you use DATEADD(Date, 1, 'years'). Some years have more than 365 days. :winking_face:

Lol I was totally putting in ‘year’ instead of ‘years’ and couldn’t get it to work. Will do, thank you!

jordanoverton

One question on this.. How would you approach the year after next? For example, My trigger is a checkbox which makes the record enter the view to trigger the automation & create record.. but how would I then tell it to do it the year after next? Or I guess is there a way rather than having to go click the checkbox again next year 🙂