1201 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Sheldon
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I cant work out how to produce a report in page designer without it taking a seperate page for each record.
I expect I am missing a really obvious setting but I cqannot find it.
Thanks for any help.

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Robert_Sheldon!

Sadly, you are not missing anything. Page Designer is a very unpolished app that seems to have been abandoned & left incomplete by the Airtable team. It is a massive fail.

One possible workaround is to set your Page Designer page size to a very small vertical height, and then when you go to print, choose to print multiple records at a time.

As long as your printer settings are set to a normal page size, this will “trick” Airtable into printing multiple records on a page.

However, the gigantic & unacceptable downside to this is that Airtable will still see each record as an entire page, meaning that if you were hoping to have a header or a footer on your printed output, you’re out of luck because Airtable will continuously repeat the header & footer over and over and over again.

Because of the impossibilities of working with Page Designer, almost all of my clients have started paying for other products that do a significantly better job of printing documents from Airtable. Two of the most popular products are DocuMint and On2Air:

There are also a ton of other document-creation apps on the market… those can all be integrated with a low-code/no-code automation platform like Integromat:

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website:

Very helpful.
Thanks for taking the time to lay that all out.
I hadn’t intended to spend money on it as I hoped I could do it myself - its a fairly simple base I’m working with.
I already use zapier to add records to my base.
Having had a look at documint and pdfmonkey it is too long a leanring curve to justify my time and I’m wondering what it would cost to get an expert to set it up for me…

Feel free to contact me through my website and we can chat about it!