cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oscar_Mastrober
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi!

Does anyone know a trick about how to get the email of a user, that filled a form with a “Restrict access to an email domain” activated?

When this feature is on, the user must sign up and login into AirTable to fill the form. If the user’s email domain belongs to the one accepted at the form settings, then he can view the form, fill and submit it.

So my question is: since the user have just signed up and login, is there a way we can save the email address used, inside the created record?

Thank community!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Oscar_Mastroberti!

Great questions! I’ll answer using the same question numbers you used, for clarity:

1. If you wanted to take advantage of the collaborator field the users would need to be added to your base or workspace or base collaborators.
    • If you are working with a lot of folks who aren’t collaborators on your base you could create a table, or just a field, using people’s names and then create a linked record field (either self linking or to another table, depending on your workflow) so those existing names would be searchable in your form.
  2. When using forms you can prefill a field by updating the URL. So you could create a url for each individual’s record id— which would then effectively prefill that linked record input in that form. This support article should lay down the foundation of how you’d go about this, but let me know if you run into any problems along the way!

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hello @Oscar_Mastroberti!

Currently our forms don’t keep track of who a user is once they’ve been authenticated—so I don’t believe this is currently possible.

One way you could have a user easily identify themselves in a form is by creating a Collaborator field that a user could then search for their name in. Expanding on that, you could potentially create a URL for each collaborator if you’d want to have that Collaborator’s name prefilling in that form.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Thanks @Rose_K for your quick response. May I follow up with some questions?

1. For your suggestion on the collaborator field to work, do I need to add them as uses in my base?
  2. Is there a way to link to a record automatically, if an email field is populated and then matched with an email field from that linked record?

Thanks

Hey @Oscar_Mastroberti!

Great questions! I’ll answer using the same question numbers you used, for clarity:

1. If you wanted to take advantage of the collaborator field the users would need to be added to your base or workspace or base collaborators.
    • If you are working with a lot of folks who aren’t collaborators on your base you could create a table, or just a field, using people’s names and then create a linked record field (either self linking or to another table, depending on your workflow) so those existing names would be searchable in your form.
  2. When using forms you can prefill a field by updating the URL. So you could create a url for each individual’s record id— which would then effectively prefill that linked record input in that form. This support article should lay down the foundation of how you’d go about this, but let me know if you run into any problems along the way!