cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Lerma1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

I am not sure how to word this and did not find any topics that matched what I wanted to achieve, so I wanted to ask if this is possible. We track all of our orders within one table. Each order has a unique name. That name comes from a ticketing system. (Example REQ0000001) We have a team of about five people who pick these orders to ship off to customers. I am often asked what is on the order because sometimes all the fields don’t populate correctly on the ticketing system. What I am trying to achieve is a self-serve user portal, where the team can type the request number and they are shown the line items of the order. I guess like the opposite of a form entry, but instead a record lookup. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am guessing, I might have to use a third-party app to achieve this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The text of the original post says that he wants his team to do the search. However, the title of the thread says for non paid users. This means that either (1) he is on a free plan and thus cannot use the search app, or (2) his team members are not collaborators on the base.

Thus, mini-extensions actually does make sense.

However, another option would be to teach the 5 team members how to do filtering/searching in an Airtable view. This can even be done by non-collaborators in a shared view.

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

Airtable is a very rudimentary database system, so it doesn’t natively offer this capability. But you can do this with several of the tools from MiniExtensions.com, such as this one:

Doesn’t the native Search app come close though? For paying customers, but so is miniExtensions.

Yes, you are 100% correct! :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, I misread @Alex_Lerma1‘s original post — I thought he wanted his CUSTOMERS to search his database, but he actually said that he wanted his TEAM to search his database.

My bad — this is why I shouldn’t be replying to messages in the middle of the night at 4am! :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The text of the original post says that he wants his team to do the search. However, the title of the thread says for non paid users. This means that either (1) he is on a free plan and thus cannot use the search app, or (2) his team members are not collaborators on the base.

Thus, mini-extensions actually does make sense.

However, another option would be to teach the 5 team members how to do filtering/searching in an Airtable view. This can even be done by non-collaborators in a shared view.

But that’s $36/month isn’t it? So won’t help for (1) :slightly_smiling_face:

@Databaser You’re right, I left out an important use case. (3) He already has a Pro plan, but the users in question are read-only collaborators. Thus, the read-only team members could use the Search app in this scenario.

Thank you all for your responses. Sorry that I couldn’t jump on here sooner to add to the conversation. I do have a pro plan for me and another co-worker. The other users would be non-collaborators. I think what ScottWorld linked through Mini-Extensions was what I was looking for, but I don’t think it’s worth the price tag for my purposes. I do like Kuovonne option of teaching the five team members how to filter/search in the Airtable view. Thank you all for your support! Take care!

Alex