568 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cat_Crawford
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m new to Airtable (and totally obsessed) and I know enough to be dangerous.

I’m certain there is an automated/quick way to rollup data from another table based on the criteria in one field… but I can.not.figure.it.out.

Table one has financial data with one record for each week. I have a Date field for “Week Ending,” and formula fields for Quarter and Year.

In Table Two, I want to have one record per Quarter with a Rollup/Count or something showing my totals from a field which I could then use for further formula fields.

I’ve got something kind of working (see pic) but surely there’s a better way! Help!

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 7.10.39 PM

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Your system of linked records looks fine. There could be some tweaks that uses automations for creating the links when there is a new week or quarter. The exact automation would depend on your workflow for creating weeks and quarter records.

Thank you, kuovonne! I manually input the week ending date from Table 1 which then generates the Quarter and Year via formula. Does that give you any more information to make this process more automated?

If you don’t have an automation for it already, you could use an automation to create the link to the quarter record. You may need to be careful with the trigger for the automation to ensure that you are done typing the end date and the formula for the quarter has time to calculate.