4539 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sull
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I recently started having this issue in Safari where select option fields are causing autofill login prompt to appear. I’ll have to look into it but I was wondering if anyone else has come across this too?

airtable-safari-autofill-issue

20 Replies 20

I have not experienced that, but I do not use iCloud Keychain. That would be really annoying… so annoying in fact, that I’d suggest passing that along as a bug or something to Airtable. It may not be an issue on their end, but they could at least try to figure out what front-end mechanics are triggering it, and if something needed to be passed along to Apple, Airtable would have more clout to report that issue than a single user would.

sull
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Correct, it is a Safari/keychain related issue. There are some configs for Autofill but still is a problem. The escape key dismisses it but it is definitely annoying and i’m not sure why it has started suddenly and not an issue before (I have been using this Apple feature for a long time).

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 2.25.53 PM.png

I’m guessing it is related to the Safari updates released in 10.14.4 Mojave.

Is it doing this in ALL of your Single/Multi Select fields, or just particular ones? I wonder if the names of your fields have anything to do with it?

AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I am having this same issue, but I can’t find a pattern with it. It only happens in some fields in some bases, some of the time. Rather than a password, though, it’s trying to auto-fill credit card information. :grimacing: I contacted Airtable Support about it and they said it was likely on Apple’s end. Very frustrating!

EDIT: @Jeremy_Oglesby just thought I’d throw this out there too - I’m using macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

There have been recent updates only to Safari as well… perhaps on of those did it?

Have you guys been experiencing this for a while, or is it recent?

For me, it started about a month ago. It happens not only when I try to edit a field value, but sometimes when I’m editing the name of the field as well.

sull
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

wow this is still an issue for me.

Mayfeld_Music_G
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just started with Airtable and I’m experiencing this issue all the time now. It ruins my workflow and efficiency is taking a toll… Very frustrating. Anyone solved this yet? I’m on Safari 15.3 and Monterey.

Adam_Rondeau
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Initially turning off “Other Forms” in the Autofill settings in Safari solved the issue, but it’s back for me now too. Fully updated with Safari and MacOS. Pretty annoying to have to choose between autofilling passwords and interacting with my data in Airtable in a more efficient way. Escape key or typing til it realizes you aren’t putting in a password are the only options I’ve found so far.

Juergen_Utess
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I started having this problem since upgrading to Safari 16. Did anyone find a way to resolve this?

Same for me. Escape is not helping…

That’s a good point. Esc only works after you started typing something, so it starts showing the list of values associated with a picklist.

Steve_Bleile

I had to turn off the autofill inside of safari. That seems to be working so far.

Steve_Bleile

It’s not a great work around as now it doesn’t autofill in other sites…

nichha611
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone found a solution? 

RobLora
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm currently having this issue as well (i.e., constantly asking for credit card information), but can't just turn off Safari's autofill, as I need it for every other website. Anyone from Airtable have a word on this? 

fjp1995
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please can we have a fix for this. It isn't an issue on any other web platforms with data inputs. I've got enterprise users who are opting not to use the tool because of this annoyance.

BrianG

Just started using AirTable and this is making adding assignees impossible. To be honest, I'm surprised a tool as popular as AirTable has this issue as I typically only experience this on pretty janky low budget sites. Never have this issue on mainstream websites. 😐

asywm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any fix to this yet @admin2