1378 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Stamport
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks to Adam_TheTimeSav and his post Solved: Re: How to make a colorful kanban board - Airtable Community I have installed Tampermonkey and changed the background color of my Kanban board.

I would like to go further and change colors for tasks and stacks. Where can I find Airtable documentation on the various options to do this and other things I might like to do in the future? In the script to change background color I find

GM_addStyle('#kanbanView > div.white { background-color: aliceblue !important;

Where does #kanbanView and others come from and what can I do with them?

Where does div.white and others come from and what can I do with them?

What options are available such as background-color?

What does !important mean?

I'm an old-timer who's been programming for decades. I think I can figure out how to do what I want to do if I could find documentation. 

For starters, I'd like to change the background color of stacks to match the listname. 

Hope this makes sense ...

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable does not publish documentation on this. You can see the html/css markup used to style the interface by running Airtable in a web browser and using the developer console. All of the html tags and css styling are there for you to see. 

Items like !important and background-color are standard css concepts. #kanbanView is a css selector defined in the html. There are many free resources on the internet to learn html/css.

Keep in mind that Airtable may also adjust its html/css whenever it wants with no notice. 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable does not publish documentation on this. You can see the html/css markup used to style the interface by running Airtable in a web browser and using the developer console. All of the html tags and css styling are there for you to see. 

Items like !important and background-color are standard css concepts. #kanbanView is a css selector defined in the html. There are many free resources on the internet to learn html/css.

Keep in mind that Airtable may also adjust its html/css whenever it wants with no notice. 

Not what I wanted to hear. 

Seems like it's too much to expect these days that software be well documented. Gone are the good old days when there were tons of documentation that programmers could use as reference.

I used the developer console and looked at the HTML. I know something about HTML, but the page is so very complex I don't know where to start to find what I need to change colors of tasks & task lists in kanban view. When I searched for #kanbanView nothing came up.

Since Airtable may adjust its html/css whenever it wants with no notice I don't understand why they would bother to make scripts possible.

Seems like it's too much to expect these days that software be well documented. Gone are the good old days when there were tons of documentation that programmers could use as reference.

Airtable has a great Help Center and API documentation (and other resources to learn). You are trying to modify the resulting HTML code of the product, and as that is not meant to be used by the user, I think that does not need documentation.