1346 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sridhar_Rajendr
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to search for records in Airtable from Integromat and unable to figure out how.
I have created a scenario where I get a unique id to be searched for in Airtable via a webhook. After linking the webhook to Airtable, I selected the option “Search records”. There is a field called “Formula” and I am not able to figure out what it means.
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 6.24.45 PM.jpg

26 Replies 26

Thank you @M_k!
I have both checked Integromat.com and tried a google search but I am still struggling with the update module :frowning:
I think I am very close and I know where the issue is, but I can’t figure it out even if I made a looot of tests. The CREATE A RECORD MODULE works just fine but I can’t get the UPDATE RECORD MODULE to work

I think the UPDATE A RECORD MODULE has been set up correctly ( I have used the Record ID from the SEARCH RECORD MODULE and then I mapped the module with the records from the WATCH RECORDS MODULE). I am 99% sure that the issue is connected to the filter between the Router and the UPDATE RECORD MODULE. I have tried several options to set the filter but none worked:

1. TOTAL NUMBER OF BUNDLES greater than 0
    2)TOTAL NUMBER OF BUNDLES equal to 0
  2. ID Exists (both the one from the WATCH RECORDS and SEARCH RECORDS module)
  3. ID Doesn’t Exist (both the one from the WATCH RECORDS and SEARCH RECORDS module)

It looks like I am stuck. If you have any idea, I would really appreciate it.
Matteo

Hi @Matteo_Ottaviani!

Just make sure that the tags that you use to map are from the module that you want the data from.

The other question, you may have explained, are you trying to place records from one (different) database into a new database? Where is the data coming from?

If so, you will have to use the Retrieve a record (Airtable) module, since the record ID will be different, between the two bases.

If that’s the case, I have a scenario that moves the data from one base to another.

Let me know and I can take screenshots of it.

Also, can you take screenshots of the whole scenario? Or is the screenshot you have, is the whole scenario?

Mary Kay

Matteo_Ottavian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @M_k,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for being such a noob.

I am trying to copy data between two tables in the same base. Basically I would like that records from table 1 are copied into table 2 and that when records in table 1 are updated, they get updated in table 2.

Here are all the screenshots with configuration for each module:

The complete Scenario:

Watch Record Module settings:

Search Records Module settings:

Filter between Router and Create a record:

Filter between Router and Update a record:

Create a Record Module Settings:

Update a Record Module Settings:

I really appreciate your help!
Matteo

Hi @Matteo_Ottaviani!

I got your rely, thank you!

Can you give me some time to go over this?

It might take a few days? Is that okay?

I will do my best to help you.

Thank you,
Mary

Of course @M_k and thank you!!!

Hi Matteo

I worked on a scenario over the weekend.

I now have a few suggestions and some questions.

Suggestions

1. In the Watch Record, try removing the formula, since you have another formula already in the Search Record.

2. You almost had the formula, in the Search record. You just need to place straight quotes on either side of the blue tag, no spaces.

3. Filter for Create a record, select the ID tag from module 16 then select “Does not exist” condition, second choice from drop down.

Questions:

1. Where is your data coming from?
    Did you consider using Google Sheets for inputing data? Then you could place the Google Sheets app at the beginning. When you run the scenario it will place all your data into one base, with all of your fields. This way you only need one base.

Just a suggestion.

Can you provide a screenshot of the whole module setup for Create a record, it looks cut off and I would like to see the complete setup.

I did a mock-up of your database, based on your scenario, but when I get your reply, I might have a better idea if it’s going to work.

I am just not sure where the data is coming from and what the flow is.

Thank you,
Mary

Hi @M_k,

I have a few deadlines to meet this week but I will look into your solution asap.
In the meantime I just want to express how grateful I am that you have invested so much time and thought to help me.
You are truly generous and inspiring!

Thank you,
Matteo