1799 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pablo_Rios
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a Long text field type that can have a paragraph or multiple paragraphs depending on the length of the author’s numbered passage. It would be beneficial to me to have Airtable highlight that word so I can locate it faster in the entry.

3 Replies 3

Hey Pablo,

Agree that searching could be much improved and this would be very useful.

In our Amplify app, we have something like this.

Amplify has an advanced search inside of it. It will highlight the word you’re searching for and will allow you to search only inside a specific field. (plus lots of other useful search options)

2021-12-02_16h28_34

The limitation of it is that it doesn’t currently display the entire field you’re searching while searching. So, if a word is further down in the field, you can’t see the highlight. But it’s a great idea!

Well everything starts someplace. Does it highlight all occurrences of the word, that can be located by scrolling down though?

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, it does not. It shows that first section displayed on the search card.

The overall search does help you refine exactly what you’re searching for. An option might be to use a search for your specific field, then once inside there, use Ctrl F to have your browser highlight words.

If you decide to try it out, we have a free trial

An updated version is coming out Monday.