6622 11
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_Leclerc
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My record is an account with multiple individuals and I need a way to use SendGrid to send an email to multiple recipients on that account. I’ve tried using a long form with "email1@email.com; email2@email.com;" as the Email Address Field, but it only sends to the first email. However, the email that is received does show multiple recipients in the “to” field. Is there a way around this, or is Airtable just not parsing the subsequent emails. I looked at the SendGrid API and it looks like you need to compose your JSON API call with multiple “to” recipients and so I’m assuming that SendGrid is also only parsing the first email for actual sending. Really really important for us.

11 Replies 11
Joseph_Steenso1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Using the email field separated by commas worked for me. I couldn’t get it to work using a formula field type though. I wanted to always CC in one other email address and BCC in an additional two email addresses. Hoped formula field ="email@gmail.com, otheremail@gmail.com" would work. Even tried ="email@gmail.com><otheremail@gmail.com" which also didn’t work. I then solved my problem using the “Default Text” option and a single line field

It should be noted that Airtable formulas aren’t formatted like spreadsheet formulas. There’s no = symbol at the beginning.