Help

Sendgrid html email - link a button or text using the URL field of the corresponding record

Topic Labels: Extensions
Solved
Jump to Solution
1848 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dptmute
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I am new here.

How to link the following text with a URL of the corresponding record when sending html email using sendgrid.

<a href="{SM}">link text</a>

The above outputs blank, where as just {SM} output the url. I don't know how to hyperlink it to that text. Thank you!

--

I would also like to know if there is a possibility to have a button on each record when clicked the email for that record is sent to the person on the record. I have an html email that variables from that record will be used in that email. Right now, I am doing the sendgrid extension to send emails to all records in a view with a filter. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There is a checkbox at the bottom of the SendGrid extension to send the message as HTML.

However, for anything more advanced (like the other things that you are requesting), you would need to turn to external SendGrid automations, such as Make’s SendGrid automations for Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this instructional thread to help: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

In that thread, I also link to other training resources as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread: Sending Airtable record data to a webhook.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There is a checkbox at the bottom of the SendGrid extension to send the message as HTML.

However, for anything more advanced (like the other things that you are requesting), you would need to turn to external SendGrid automations, such as Make’s SendGrid automations for Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this instructional thread to help: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

In that thread, I also link to other training resources as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread: Sending Airtable record data to a webhook.

Thank you! The first part works. 

I will have a look into make's sendgrid automations.