1660 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracie_McMillan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Both yesterday and today, I’ve had problems with AirTable freezing up, and being unable to update records etc. The program does not respond to keystrokes ad I have to force-quit to get out of it.

Anyone else having this? How do I fix this?

7 Replies 7
Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

same here today, but happens when expanding a linked record and try to edit it

CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have also been experiencing issues with Airtable freezing over the last few days. The website becomes unresponsive when I try to switch between views or tables. I can refresh the page and it will reload to the view/table I was trying to access. Not the end of the world (still usable), but far from ideal.

I have been having exactly the same problem during the last few weeks. Tried clearing Chrome cache etc,. No effect. For me, working with several screen each open with different base or view it’s making Airtable unusable so a fix is needed ASAP please Airtable

I don’t experience any issues having several tables open, even over different bases.

You possibly already checked two things?:

• Are you switching views over a large table?
  • Are there many (some big) applications concurrently running on the pc?

I’m not sure there’s a hint for solution applicable to client’s side for the first item.
But for the second, you could try closing other applications to free up memory.

David_Pickard
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for that.
It happens with both large and small tables. It happens when no other programs are running. It happens on both Windows 10 and Mac machines. It happens to my colleagues at a different site using different internet connections and service providers. It’s only recently been happening - last few weeks - so it seems as if the problem is at the Airtable end of the system. I haven’t contacted support yet but will do.

Be prepared to spend a on-line, real-time debugging session with them.

If possible, please let us know the conclusions, so we become aware of conditions that have to be avoided eventually.

Just wanted to chime in that I’ve also encountered this exact issue over the last two weeks. Seems like the problem starts up when I’ve been inactive on a view for more than a few minutes (e.g. working on a different app or browser tab). I’m using MacOS 11.1 and error occurs while using Safari and Brave browsers as well as the desktop app.