cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manthan_Mallika
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!

I would like to set up a sort of competition. For example, let’s say I would like to keep track of the number of pushups someone does and reward the person with the most push-ups (assume that no one will lie). I was thinking of the following setup. One table hosting the user’s information, and a second table that contains entries for every single day. I can’t really do a normal linked column because that reveals all of the information of the other participants when I make a form. I tried doing something using the incrementing number field on the users table and then having an ID column on the pushups table but I can’t really find a way to do something like SELECT * FROM pushups WHERE ID=1. Is this too complex for Airtable?

I can provide any more information if you need. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

When you make a form with a linked field, users of the form who do not have permission to access your base will not see anything in the linked records other than the name field:
E29C5AC3-8731-4ACE-9EE5-0556AD3C9F3B.jpeg

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

When you make a form with a linked field, users of the form who do not have permission to access your base will not see anything in the linked records other than the name field:
E29C5AC3-8731-4ACE-9EE5-0556AD3C9F3B.jpeg

That’s great! Is it also possible to prefill the linked field?

Yes it is:

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Prefilling a form

When making an Airtable form, you can use prefill_ parameters in the URL of the form to prefill specific fields. Find the URL for the form you wish to prefill. Once you get the form URL, you can ...

I’m able to fill in numbers and text fields but I’m unsure how to fill linked fields

Same way — you just have to make sure the text you attempt to prefill exactly matches the formatting of the name field in the linked record.

Got it working. Thank you!