1633 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maria_McMillan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to share specific views of my Airtable base, I specifically want users to see the Tables I am sharing collapsed into their groups, as it makes lots more sense for them to be able to drill down. However, despite me collapsing all within the view, my recipients are seeing the tables expanded. This also happened when I tried to share the whole base.
How can I ensure recipients of a shared view or base will see the view collapsed by my groups.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Maria_McMillan,

Groups cannot be collapsed by default (if that is what you mean).

You have 2 options:

1. Either whomever is receiving the view should right click on the first Group and choose Collapse All.

2. Use Filters instead of Groups to create your views so every View has the data you want to show to this specific user.

Hope that helps.
Mo

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Maria_McMillan,

Groups cannot be collapsed by default (if that is what you mean).

You have 2 options:

1. Either whomever is receiving the view should right click on the first Group and choose Collapse All.

2. Use Filters instead of Groups to create your views so every View has the data you want to show to this specific user.

Hope that helps.
Mo

krhoten
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like the option to start as collapsed as well. 

While the solution suggested will work, it is not a great solution to have to create 15 different views when one could suffice. 

kcsong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Either I want this, very confused when open table, if there has many views

Paulo_Rebelo_Fi

I want this too!

JavierGO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1

For creating dashboards and presenting data, interfaces seem so poor in airtable... it's disappointing. No pivot tables and not even this workaround of at least having groups collapsed to present basic aggregated data. I see my self clicking on "collapse all" every time I load my interface.