394 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danick_Blouin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi guys ! I work in a Shopify ecommerce and we are in the process of integrating Airtable into our environment. We have started to synchronize our data (Products, orders, customers, etc …) in Airtable using the AirPower app. Airtable seemed like the perfect platform until the data limit was exceeded (50,000 for the pro plan). We looked at the business plan but the 100,000 data limit seems very low. We have 63,000 customers right now so we should hit the limit sooner or later. We want to have the orders table linked with the customers table. Do you have a solution so that we can store all our data? Thank you in advance !

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Danick_Blouin!

Yeah, unfortunately, the record limits for Airtable are extremely low. And once you get into those upper limits, Airtable starts getting slow as well.

You would have no choice but to split up your customers (and/or other types of records) across different bases — or only choose SOME of your customers (and/or SOME of your other types of records) to sync from Shopify to Airtable.

Not sure if AirPower supports syncing just a subset of records from each table or if AirPower can support splitting records across multiple bases.

If AirPower doesn’t support this, you could custom-build your own Shopify-Airtable integration using Integromat’s Shopify modules, and you could programmatically set it up to handle multiple different Airtable bases:

Alternatively, you could also start looking at other database platforms that don’t have any record limits, but that would also require leaving AirPower as well.

For example, Apple’s FileMaker is one of the world’s most powerful enterprise-grade database platforms, and their tables are limited only by disk space. So you could LITERALLY have a table with a billion records in it, if you needed that many records.

And FileMaker can easily communicate with Shopify through Apple’s Claris Connect platform.

p.s. I am a professional Airtable consultant, an Integromat Partner, and a Certified FileMaker Developer. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert consultant to help with any of the above, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com. Also, the Integromat links contain my personal referral code.