Manager_DGP
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

[SUMMARY]

This topic is in two parts

1. Show Event Names By Type On A Weekly Calendar
  2. Automatically Remove Rows Based On Today’s Date

Show Event Names By Type On A Weekly Calendar
I have a table called Events with an Event Name, Event Date and Event Type (Holiday, Client, Celebration, Conference)

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 9.23.55 PM.png

I have another table called Calendar where I show the current week number. This helps our team stay focused on what’s upcoming especially when we may have a Conference, Client Event or Celebration to plan for.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 9.25.46 PM.png

SCENARIO: How do I related Table(Events) as a lookup field or formula to Table(Calendar) so that the Event Name will show up in the proper week?

By the way, thanks to @Bryce_Schmidt, @drassi and @Jeremy_Oglesby for solving the problem to ISO week numbers.

1 Reply 1

Hi @Manager_DGP - the short answer is “you can’t” - unlike, say, Excel, Airtable won’t do a lookup between two unrelated tables so you have to make the explicit link between the two to get this to happen. Here’s a couple of options:

Here’s your Events table:

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 10.05.26.png

You could have a “fully explicit” calendar, i.e. each day of the year and link the event to the day in the calendar:

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 10.06.46.png

You could group this by week to get more of a week view:

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 10.07.24.png

Or, have as “week starting” calendar, as you have in your post and link the event to the week:

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 10.08.16.png

The advantage of the first option is that when you make the link you’re explicitly matching the same date in each table; with the second, you’re matching a date with the week it falls into - not exactly hard, but possible more prone to error.

Hope this helps

JB