2262 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Regan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, seems like what I’m doing should be pretty simple to do, yet I’ve hit a few snags.

Im just looking to take the data entries from an entire column in Sheet 1 and print it to a column of the same name in Sheet 2.

Assistance much appreciated!

7 Replies 7
Tyler_Kurlas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi John, what’s your use case? It sounds like you might be able to do what you want just by creating a separate view on the same table and hide the fields you don’t need for each.

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your response. I ultimately want to add additional columns to this new tab/ view. If I were to create a new view, would this then require that I hide columns on both views?

Is there a cleaner way to simply pull the 4 relevant columns of data to a new sheet?

Thanks,
John

If the 2 Tables contain elements of the same type, you should use Views. If they are different but Related, you could use a Linked Record field and then Lookup fields to reference data. For instance, think of Events and Venues tables: you can have an Address field on the Venue, and show it on the Event/s (always the same address for events in the same Venue).

Thanks, Elias. This latter suggestions sounds like what I need. Are there any Tables you’d be able to include as an example?

Much appreciated!

You should tell us your structure and what you want to achieve :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Continuing with your example, lets say I have venue names in the first column. Then I have columns of venue capacity, venue address, ticketing URL, and age restriction. I want to pull the data from two of these columns into another Tab/Table. In Sheets the =IMPORTRANGE function can achieve this.

Appreciate your help!

You just create Lookup fields in the Events table.

Captura de pantalla 2018-07-13_12-08-18_p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2018-07-13_12-08-23_p. m..png