2072 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyndon_Penson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Like the calendar view but if you introduce Gantt you could take Smartsheet out of the market :slightly_smiling_face: until then they have an edge over you!!!

As an interim to full Gantt view could you show tasks with a start and end date as a span e.g. multi days rather than start date only?

124 Replies 124
stephan_tran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to Gantt and dependencies please

+1 for Gantt feature request!!

Great News!

Mike_Sobaski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Gantt. I’ve been implementing Airtable in a number of companies, but can’t fully use for product development due to this massive gap. Please prioritize!!

Emir_Sakic
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Gantt (promoted into Views, alongside Kanban, Calender, List etc.).

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for Gantt block
The timeline block is far less useful without an option to group entries together

Ronnie_Eshel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

what about timeline block?

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Timeline block

The timeline block is part of Airtable Blocks, a Pro plan feature. Blocks let you extend the functionality of your bases: you can use blocks to bring new information into Airtable, visualize and su...

Hugh_Macken

Timeline block is a step in the right direction but I really need to have a view that i can share with clients without them needing to login, as I can with normal views. I believe it is not possible to share the timeline block in this way, it it?

Benjamin_Lupton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So if it became possible to:

1. have a column in your table reference another row
  2. have another column in your table, be able to reference a specific column from the referenced row

Then you would be able to accomplish this like so with the columns (task, duration, automatic start date, automatic finish date) and a work day of 5 hours.

https://airtable.com/invite/l?inviteId=invFZxCtryurYPLZP&inviteToken=d9372df3cc3a0cc18893aa863132b1cd21bae829361177fd5e700e0b8b91c38c

However, as point 2 is not possible, and lookup is not possible for items in the same table, and as formulas don’t support such referencing, then this method is not possible.

Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Giving Airtable the benefit of the doubt that they’re actively working on this, I have a few sub-feature requests for this feature.

• Milestones: I have dates in my table that show the progression of the project. For example, quote date, production date, ship date, date invoiced. Instead of a simple date beginning and date end, milestones should be added to show more detailed project progress against the expected/estimated timeline.
  • SIngle-select “Order”: This is almost another feature request entirely, but being able to stipulate “order” in a single-select field would be very helpful. For example, it could show that the status of “quote sent” would come before “invoice sent” in a project timeline. This would help for any application, not just a gantt view.
  • Another reason why the gantt block should be a view is because of its lack of manipulatability. I should be able to sort, filter, and share the view in the same way I would a Kanban or gallery. Very frustrating that this is treated like a second-class citizen in the Airtable society.

Airtable, please fix this! It’s the only thing impeding the adoption of your product by many organizations.

It’s been a few months. I hope it’s soon!!