cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexandre_Caste
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone!

I am creating a directory by linking a shared Airtable view to a webpage and most users will be on mobile. I would need external users to have the ability to sort and filter within the Airtable view when using a mobile device, similarly to what is currently doable on the desktop version.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Alexandre_Casteau!

Oddly, this is one of the missing features of interacting with an Airtable view within a mobile browser.

I would highly recommend that you suggest this as a feature request in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category, and possibly even send this feature request via email to support@airtable.com as well.

However, you might have some degree of luck by switching your mobile browser to “desktop browsing mode” instead, because the only way to currently solve this is to request the “desktop version” of the website.

I don’t actually know how to do this on Android, but on iOS, you can click on the little “aA” icon on the lefthand side of Safari’s toolbar, and choose “Request Desktop Website”.

That will tell Airtable that you’re using a desktop browser instead of a mobile browser.

Even better, iOS also lets you request the desktop website AUTOMATICALLY for whatever site you’d like. To do that, simply tap on that little “aA” icon again, and choose “Website Settings”. Then, you can set it to always request the “desktop website” for that site! :slightly_smiling_face:

However, the big downside to using Airtable within a mobile browser after you’ve requested the desktop website, is that Airtable doesn’t always scroll properly or move you through your fields properly. So, you might not have full 100% success with doing it this way.

You might also want to check out some external tools that can create mobile versions of your views for you. For example, MiniExtensions.com has a fantastic gallery view that I love, and Stacker has fantastic views as well.

Very clear - thanks a lot for the tips @ScottWorld!

ErinKC
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Alexandre_Caste Hi! I see that your post was from 2020; have you seen any progress made on this? I'm asking because we're also getting ready to launch a directory, and it's very difficult to read and use efficiently on mobile (phone and tablet). Thanks!