685 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erin_Aucar
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Context: We have an airtable form for speakers to submit a topic, bio, date, and time for their workshop and our speakers are from all over the country.

Issue: We wanted people to be able to select their own date and time. From there we had an automation that, once we changed the status internally on the grid view to “Add to Calendar”, the automation would add the event to Google Calendar. It all worked perfectly until we had someone from another time zone use the form. We’ve tried toggling on and off the “Use GMT for all collaborators” and we tried telling people to enter the time zone as Eastern, but in both cases we haven’t been able to have this process flow as intended.

Are we missing something?

Is it possible for someone to enter a date on a form and have that form consistently give us a date/time in Eastern?

5 Replies 5

Hi @Erin_Aucar and welcome to the community!

You could use an extra formula field with a SET_TIMEZONE() function (parsed into a DATETIME_FORMAT() function) that uses your date field from the form and then use that for your automation.

Haven’t tested this though.

@Erin_Aucar This is extremely tricky with Airtable, but it can be done. It’s too long of a process for me to type up here, but my Time Zones base & training video will give you all the answers that you need to solve this dilemma:

If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, @Databaser is a consultant and so am I.

Feel free to contact me through my website:

Erin_Aucar

Thank you! @ScottWorld and @Databaser. Glad to at least hear we weren’t crazy in finding this difficult. I take it I could link this table to the time submitted and lookup the correct time based on that time zone or something to that effect. Thanks for getting us on the right path.

It’s a little more complex than that, but my training video should help you understand the nuances of it.

My bad, I missed the video the first time! Will check it out.