1521 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shomrei_Emunah
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

There is no way to updated existing contacts in Airtable with Google contacts via zapier. You need a “updated record” trigger in airtable.

Without the ability to update existing contacts from airtable to google contacts then what does this mean from the airtable sales site:

"Looking for a way to bulk manage your Google Contacts? “

Is the assumption here that no contact records are ever updated?

what am i missing?

9 Replies 9
Daniel_Farina1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is something quite frustrating with Zapier. My current solution is updating contacts every X minutes using the API and a custom Laravel App. You can set it up to add new records from Airtable to Google every 5 minutes and maybe update all contacts once or twice a day.

Hi Daniel, thanks for the tip, this sounds like a much better solution than the Zapier integration! Could you please share a bit more about the custom Laravel App you mention?
Thanks a million in advance!

Mark_Hernandez1

Yes please! I would love to have ability to sync my Google Contacts with a contacts table in my Events Planning base. How can this be accomplished?

Daniel_Farina1

@Mark_Hernandez1 @Jaime_Noain

The basic idea is the following:

1. Create a database where you keep the unique identifier for the Airtable’s row, last time updated, hash , etc.
  2. How can you find out the last time a row was updated if Airtable does not provided the modified time stamp record?
    Solution: create a hash for the Airtable row, then store that hash in the database and compare it every time you sync to see if it matches. If it doesn’t match it means the data in the Airtable changed so now you can update your records accordingly.

That’s the basic concept. I might have time to create a blog post about it and explain it later this week, please let me know if you are still interested

Hi @Daniel_Farina1, i’m very interested by your concept to sync Google contacts. Did you explained it in your blog ? i’d love to get the address of it. I get the basic idea, but i’m not expert enough to create it by myself on my base.

@Sebastien_Dolidon1, I built a site (like Zapier) that will allow you to update your Google Contacts when you update a record in Airtable. If you’d like some help, I can help you out

Jason_Calaiaro

Although I haven’t tried it yet (I will do this soon), it would seem as of today that there is an “update record” trigger now available.

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 5.37.56 PM.png

Do you need both a insert and update ? Or will update take care of new records?

Hiya : j Is that offer still open?