561 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to normalize my base data model a bit and separate out parts of logic into their own bases - everything about People in the People base, Projects in the project base, and so on. I am just learning about setting up synched tables and had a question on security. Leaving the data out there with simply a unique URL - but otherwise open - is really a non-starter. I saw where I could set a password on the synch share link, but then the synch stops, rendering the feature useless.

Am I missing something? Is there some way to secure the synch between the source & destination?

3 Replies 3

Setting a password does not stop the sync.

corb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It did for me earlier. It appears to stop the synching on an existing sync configuration. I now see that I had to remove the synch config altogether and recreate it from the destination, where it prompted me for the password.

Thanks!

That is a very good distinction to make.

Setting the password first won’t interrupt the sync.

But if you add a password to the source view after you’ve setup the sync, it gives you the warning in the screenshot below to let you know that you need to update your destination sync table.

However, you don’t need to remove the sync and recreate it from scratch in the destination table. You just have to choose “reconnect” in the “update sync configuration” screen, and it will prompt you for the password on the next screen.

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.09.19 PM