Help

Re: Time tracking app integration with Airtable?

2157 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alvaro_Martinez
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, I manage a 10+ team of designers and It feels like Airtable could become a great project management platform for my needs.

A major task I need to get going is a comprehensive daily time tracking of every member of my team. Sadly my attempts to embedd this function into my current Airtable are not good enough.

I am thinking of going for a stand alone Time Tracking solution that I could easily integrate to Airtable (through zapier maybe?) in order to link designer and workload to specific tasks and projects in my Airtable base.

Any thoughts?

16 Replies 16

Zapier is pretty simple, and I find that the trick to using it with Airtable is to trigger on new records within a view rather than new records on a table. As always though, the question is “What are you trying to accomplish?”

Basically, if you don’t know where you are trying to go, it’s not as though you are going to accidentally get there. Technology is a tool that can be used for management, but it is not management itself. So ask yourself this: What piece of information would you be able to use to make your organization more successful? If you can determine what information you need, then you can figure out what data you will need to produce that information. The practice of analyzing data to produce information is called data mining, and that should not be done by humans, because we are not capable of comparing sets of data as fast as a computer. So don’t start with the data. Determine your goals or you will never reach them.

Yes, I get it. I ve been giving this a lot of thought lately, and I think I am getting closer to something.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Susan_Segars
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I happened to find this thread while searching for a solution to a time tracking problem we encounter. Any ideas?

We are a virtual assistance business, each team member tracks time (using Active Collab + Active Collab timer app) — which is fine, but we need to know when the aggregate time for a project is reaching the client subscription threshold/limit.

Example:

Client A subscription = 12 hours, rollover date 17th
Client B subscription = 40 hours, rollover date 4th
Client C subscription = 8 hours, rollover date 25th

Employee Joe tracks 30 mins for Client B, 2 hours for Client A
Employee Jane tracks 23 hours for Client B, 4 hours for Client C

We can see the total time tracked, we can also see each employee’s tracked time. What we want is an alert or notification when the aggregate time for Client B is within an hour of 40 hours (before the 4th), and so on.

Does that make sense? Any thoughts? @Thomas_Jaccino ?

Hey, trying to access this base but the link does not work for me, thank you.

Might want to check this out: https://clockify.me/airtable-time-tracking

I’ve tested it and I don’t see the button on the records :frowning:

The button appears when you open a record and scroll. But yeah, that’s not very intuitive… That should get fixed