cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Bickfor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, Community!

My organization uses forms and survey extensively. We’re in small business services so we typically have a select field that allows users to pick their preferred language. From there, we create conditional fields based on their language preference. My issue is that I get records that are in multiple languages and have to use long and cumbersome formulas in the destination table to combine the responses and get them all back into English for reporting. Does anyone know a better solution that would conditionally convert everything back to the English response values? For example { if (person chooses response X-c in Chinese) then (data submitted is equivalent response X-e in English) }.

Thanks a ton for your help!

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Matthew_Bickford!

My clients use DeepL.com:

DeepL has a completely free & very easy API, and it is supposed to be the best on the web for translating text.

You could use many different tools to tap into this API. You could write your own JavaScript scripts to do it, or you could use the DataFetcher app, or you could use my favorite no-code tool, Integromat.

With no code at all, Integromat can automatically translate all of your text into English:

p.s. Even though there is no code involved, this would still likely take you a few hours to setup. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Partner to help you set all of this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com:

Matthew_Bickfor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks, Scott! I’m not sure this would actually save much time on my end. As is, I can simply take the destination table and create formula fields and use If statements to translate which I would essentially have to do anyway using a third-party tool.