3311 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geert_Dornez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, can I also indicate another email address that will receive an email after submitting a form. Or is this only for the owner of the base?
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Geert Dornez

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

2024 UPDATE:

The 4 best, easiest, and most foolproof ways for handling this are:

(1) Setup a simple Airtable automation to send form email notifications to anybody that you'd like.

or

(2) Use Airtable's "interface forms", which let you specify who should receive the email notifications.

or

(3) Use Make's advanced automations & integrations for Airtable to send email notifications to anybody that you'd like.

or

(4) Use Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable, which not only lets you send email notifications to people, but it also allows you to send PDF copies of form submissions to people, along with over 100 advanced features for Airtable that aren't natively possible with Airtable's native forms. For example, Fillout lets you update records from a form.

However, if you are still interested in using the toggle button at the bottom of the "form views", it is important to note that Airtable is currently phasing out "form views" in favor of "interface forms", so it's probably not a good idea to use "form views" anymore.

But, if you still want to move forward with "form views" (which is no longer recommended because it is being phased out of the product), all of this was setup in an extremely odd way by Airtable.

Each user must log into Airtable as themselves, then go to the "form view", and then turn on email notifications for themselves only at the bottom of that particular form.

The form will silently remember ALL the people who have turned on email notifications for the form, so ALL of those people will receive email notifications upon form submission. But unfortunately, Airtable gives you no way to see a list of everyone who has actually turned on or turned off email notifications for that particular form.

But again, this is no longer the recommended way of creating forms in Airtable, and will be completely removed from the product in the future at some point.

Instead, it is recommended to take one of the 4 actions that I specified at the top of this post.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

2024 UPDATE:

The 4 best, easiest, and most foolproof ways for handling this are:

(1) Setup a simple Airtable automation to send form email notifications to anybody that you'd like.

or

(2) Use Airtable's "interface forms", which let you specify who should receive the email notifications.

or

(3) Use Make's advanced automations & integrations for Airtable to send email notifications to anybody that you'd like.

or

(4) Use Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable, which not only lets you send email notifications to people, but it also allows you to send PDF copies of form submissions to people, along with over 100 advanced features for Airtable that aren't natively possible with Airtable's native forms. For example, Fillout lets you update records from a form.

However, if you are still interested in using the toggle button at the bottom of the "form views", it is important to note that Airtable is currently phasing out "form views" in favor of "interface forms", so it's probably not a good idea to use "form views" anymore.

But, if you still want to move forward with "form views" (which is no longer recommended because it is being phased out of the product), all of this was setup in an extremely odd way by Airtable.

Each user must log into Airtable as themselves, then go to the "form view", and then turn on email notifications for themselves only at the bottom of that particular form.

The form will silently remember ALL the people who have turned on email notifications for the form, so ALL of those people will receive email notifications upon form submission. But unfortunately, Airtable gives you no way to see a list of everyone who has actually turned on or turned off email notifications for that particular form.

But again, this is no longer the recommended way of creating forms in Airtable, and will be completely removed from the product in the future at some point.

Instead, it is recommended to take one of the 4 actions that I specified at the top of this post.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld