2118 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emma_Bremner
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! We are using Airtable for a project plan, where we have one table with tasks and one table with milestones (several tasks are linked to each milestone). We would like to calculate the percentage of tasks completed for each milestone in the milestone table, so we can quickly see that for a specific milestone e.g. 70% of the tasks in the task table have a status of ‘complete’. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Emma_Bremner

After creating your formula field with this formula:

{Tasks completed} / {Total tasks}

You will also need to go to the “formatting” tab of that formula field to display your formula results as a percentage, and with the right number of decimal points.

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Hi Emma, I’ve put something together for you here that should do what you’re looking for

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 6.46.03 PM

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 6.46.16 PM

Uses conditionals to get the count of completed tasks and calculates the percentage from there

Hi Adam, thank you so much for putting this together, this is exactly what I’m looking for! Would you mind please sharing the formula you used for the completion % column?

Sure, it’s {Tasks completed}/{Total tasks}

For future reference, you can duplicate a base to get all the formulas too!

Glad I could help!

@Emma_Bremner

After creating your formula field with this formula:

{Tasks completed} / {Total tasks}

You will also need to go to the “formatting” tab of that formula field to display your formula results as a percentage, and with the right number of decimal points.

Emma_Bremner

@Adam_TheTimeSavingCo and @ScottWorld brilliant, thank you both very much!

stillwell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, I need the exact same thing!

I created my Milestones on the same table as my Tasks, using the Gantt view, and then linked each task to its corresponding Milestone by using a linked field. 

From reading above, it sounds like I should NOT use the Milestones on the Gantt view and should create another table with Milestones and link from there. Is that correct?