3385 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotty321
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable’s Zapier action “New Record in View” will ONLY trigger if a record appears in the view for the VERY FIRST TIME.

However, if a record falls off the view — and then that very same record returns to the view at a later date — it WON’T trigger the Zapier action again.

We actually need the ability for an automated action to trigger EVERY SINGLE TIME a record re-appears in the view, whether or not the record has appeared in that view in the past.

Meanwhile, It looks like Integromat.com will trigger an action EVERY SINGLE TIME a record is UPDATED (which is a great step in the right direction!), but it doesn’t look like it can monitor just one particular view in Airtable.

We don’t need the automation triggered every single time the record is updated; we just need the automation triggered whenever the record re-appears in a particular view.

[Alternate way of thinking about this problem: Since different views are based on filtering fields, what we’re really looking for is a way to trigger an action when certain fields are changed to certain values (i.e. the record re-appears in the view again). So, another way of looking at this would be that we need triggers based on a matching set of certain field values per record… every time those field values match for a particular record.]

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

4 Replies 4
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey @scott321, another approach is to check out On2Air: Actions which solves that problem.

Oh, this is fantastic news! I’ve been hearing lots of great things about your On2Air: Actions tool, so this might be exactly what I need! Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: I just looked at your website — I’m assuming that the On2Air action would be the “updated record in view”? That would be the action that triggers this magic? :slightly_smiling_face:

Check out this page: https://community.openside.com/i22-records-selection

This explains the different ways to trigger. A view is just an optional way to filter what gets triggered.

So, you would either use the Compare 2 Fields, or the Formula approach. (and maybe the Last Modified could work as well).

It works with a single record per zap, or multiple (bulk) records as well.

Mathieu_Quiniou
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think Airtable users are struggling with this for many years, i’ll try it tomorrow.
If it solve the “New record in view” issue, this might be the BEST THING EVER IN MY LIFE, because it Will mean a simple thing:

NO LIMIT