cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2100
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm building an automation.

If a condition is met, a specific field should be updated with the data from another field. These are date fields. but I always just get an error message

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
user2100

I took the screenshots again in English. For me, table 1 is called “HU/AU” and table 2 is called “vehicle list”
I hope it helps you a little.

See Solution in Thread

10 Replies 10

Hello,

I guess that you want to update the record that triggered the automation with the date from the record coming from the "Find records action".

That may be the source of your issue. For you "Update record" action to work properly, you want to make sure that you "Find record action" retruns one and only one record, no less, no more.

You could add a conditionnal action after "find records" with a condition on the length of the list returned by "find records" being 1.

You then nest the "update record" into the "conditionnal action". 

Regards,

Pascal

if "Status" from table 1 is "done" and the "Date" field is not empty

Then the “Last date” field in Table 2 should be filled with the date from the “Date field” from Table 1.

That's how I imagined it.

user2100

In Table 2 I have a search field that shows me the date from Table 2

Could you send a screen capture of table 2 and one of your "find records" action

In the attachment I have 1 picture of each of the tables and 3 pictures of the automation and its settings

user2100

At the last step I always get an error message

Hello,

Thanks for these screen shots. It is too difficult for me to understand since I do not speak german.

I am sorry that I cannot help on that.

user2100

I took the screenshots again in English. For me, table 1 is called “HU/AU” and table 2 is called “vehicle list”
I hope it helps you a little.

Hello,

Thanks for these screenshots, it is clearer in english.

This being said, your automation is not clear to me.

First point, trigger and all 2 actions are set on the same table "Fahrzeugliste". 

Second point, you have a "Find records" action, but you do not seem to use the result of this action.

From my understanding, your automation tries do do the following:

-1- If status becomes "Erledigt" for a record from table "Fahrzeugliste" then

-2- Update this record by passing "Datum der HU/AU..." value to field "Letzer HU/AU Termin"

Hence, unlesse I am missing something, your "Find records" action is not being used.

But it does not explain why you automation fails. I see that the field "Datum der HU/AU..." used to update field "Letzer HU/AU Termin" is a lookpfield. If you linked field to table "vehicle list" allows multiple values to be linked with, then you may have more than one date in the lookup field explaining why the automation fails. I do not s