1327 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Hamilton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to update the Status column of a record when a specific time listed in that record is passed.

This is to create a social media publishing calendar. I add a post time to a record. When it is that time, the records status column is updated to Approval. I then have a separate view filtered by Status=Approval where I’ll review records that need to be approved.

I currently have the Status column set as a single select as Queue, Approval, and Posted.

If possible, I’d prefer to do this via a formula column but am open to setting it as an automation.

Thanks for the help!

4 Replies 4

Hi @Nathan_Hamilton1,
Add a formula field to tell us if right now is after the date/time set in the Post Time.

IS_AFTER(NOW(), {Post Time})

Add an Automation

Trigger: When record matches a condition - The formula we created = 1
Action: Update a record, record ID from step 1, Set the select field to Approval

Nathan_Hamilton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks. I added the formula and automation. Makes sense and seems like it should be working.

Do you know what might be happening here, though?

The Post Time is after the current time, but the Formular Field keeps returning 1 for new records signaling the current time has passed, but that’s not true. I tried setting up a few test records 5-10 minutes out to see if that fixed it, plus added some records in ET zones, but it’s not working.

I’ve attached screenshots to demonstrate.

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 2.23.38 PM
Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 2.21.24 PM

You are my hero!!! Thanks for help.

It works excellent for me))

if setup to 10/03/2022 2:25 but time is 10/03/2022 2:21 it must be 0 in Time Passed

if setup to 10/03/2022 2:25 and time is 10/03/2022 2:25 it must be 1 in Time Passed