Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Upgraded to Team plan, some Workspaces still show as Free plan

50 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roci13
1 - Visitor
1 - Visitor

A few of us have been using the Free plan.  I created a workspace. My colleague created a workspace. We added a few other colleagues.

Got to a point where it made sense for us to upgrade so one of us purchased the Team plan, for a total of 8 users. So now all of my colleagues are part of my paid plan.

After upgrading, I can confirm that I have 8 licensed users. When I log in, the workspace that I created now shows as being part of the 'team' plan, but our other two workspaces still show as 'free'. Why? Those workspaces were created by one of my colleagues that I just upgraded to the Team plan.

The pricing is whacked, and having to upgrade my subscription (again) to the higher plan which is more than DOUBLE what I just paid, just to get the admin console, is ridiculous.

I also find it very difficult to get in touch with anyone at Airtable. The chat bubble just prompts you to enter your info and it took 2 days for someone to send me a canned response that referred me back to the pricing page (which does not answer my question).

Next, I tried reaching out to sales. Someone did email me but when I try to click the link in that email to schedule a phone call, that person's next available time slot is 2 weeks from now. 

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Licenses apply to workspaces, meaning that you can have 2 workspaces with different plans.

But there no limit on the number of databases that you can have in a single workspace. Hence I would advise to transfer all databases in the workspace that is shared between the 8 users.

Regards,

Pascal

The team plan is for a single workspace. The plan only applies to bases within that workspace. Users who have other bases in other free workspaces will not be able to use team features in those free workspaces.

If you want multiple workspaces under the same plan, you need the business plan. Or you can move all your bases to the single team workspace.

Thank you Pascal for explaining this. I found an article that shows how to move a base to another workspace.

https://support.airtable.com/docs/moving-airtable-bases-between-workspaces

So, if one paid account = one workspace, then what is the benefit of having multiple workspaces?