917 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad_Legassick
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Community, is it possible to upload binary data to an Airtable Long text or other field? I need to save the data & use it later. I don’t need to save an image or attachment, just the binary data. Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi @Brad_Legassick,
Yes you can store it as text in either a long or short text field.

How are you planning on uploading the binary data? Will you be using the native interface, the REST API, scripting, or some other method?

Do you already have a method for converting the binary data into text to store it in a text field?

Also keep in mind that text fields can hold a maximum of 100K characters.

Brad_Legassick

Hi @kuovonne & @Vivid-Squid thanks for the responses. @kuovonne I am using Make (Integromat) to upload the binary data. I was using the Make data store & it was great. However their is a 10mb data limit for my clients account. The problem is sometimes the record being processed will contain many site photos which we need to store the binary data temporarily & use later on. I can convert the binary to Base64 using functions in Make. I can convert back to Binary using a ToBinary function. I think some files will exceed the 100k character limit. I have tested Google Cloud Storage which seems to have no such character limit. The only issue using Google Cloud Storage (for me) is I need to upload each image individually as opposed to multi file upload like I can do in the Data Store. Thanks for the help.