cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expatica_Team
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

I’m using Airtable as an editorial calendar of sorts - I have the list of (2500+) articles published on my website (Wordpress based but I don’t think that matters much), with a whole bunch of relevant information (authors, publication dates… etc). One of the fields in my table is for the images I use/will use for each article.

I was wondering if there is a way to grab these images from Wordpress instead of having to download them onto my hard drive from Airtable then upload them into Wordpress every single time. Since I’m redesigning the entire website, we’re talking more than 10,000 images and my head hurts just thinking about it.

Alternatively, maybe there’s a link to each image in Airtable and I could externally link the images from Wordpress into Airtable? Would rather not, as that may be a security risk and if I stopped using Airtable or my database got corrupted it would become a huge mess quickly!

Many thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7
Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You can write a program utilizing both the Wordpress and Airtable API to automate this process.

On Airtable’s end retrieve ALL the records from your table using the Airtable REST API.
You will need to parse this information to retrieve the URL of the images.
Then POST this data to your Wordpress website.

Expatica_Team
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you Andrew - sounds really involved, but I’ll test!

If the images are stored as Airtable attachments already (I wasn’t sure from your post), you can use the Airpress plugin to include them on your WordPress pages. This can all be done via shortcodes.

Thank you W_Vann_Hall, that sounds like exactly what I’d need! I’ll check it out. ❤️

Did you have any luck with this @Expatica_Team? I have looked at Zapier for ehlp but not found much info.

Again, if you are looking to integrate WordPress and Airtable, your search should start (and most likely end) with Airpress. If your need is primarily to display values from an Airtable base in a WordPress blog, my recommendation is even more strongly made, as you most likely will be able to accomplish what you need entirely through shortcodes…

Gabriel_Tataru
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi guys, Airpress works just fine for this. Please check the videos from Gareth … short and on point. Not in so much detail, but for sure an eye opener.

https://youtu.be/HyfE57VoLNY