1259 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Fabrega
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We have a couple of public forms where we are collecting information from customers. (Registration for Ten Digit Long Code (10DLC) SMS/Text-Enabled Landline Telephone Numbers)

Once they hit ‘Submit’ they no longer have access to the information. Often times they make mistakes or need to add updates. We would like to be able to generate a URL that we can email or text to the customer that would open the form with whatever is in that particular record (obviously protected by a GUID or something similar a-la shared google docs)

Is it possible?

7 Replies 7

There is no built-in way to do this in Airtable, and there is no way to distribute different passwords to different people (although you could have a single shared password).

You could custom-build your own workaround for this by using prefilled forms and automations, but you’ve got a pretty long form there so it would be pretty unwieldy (and might not even work if you hit the URL character limit). You’ve also got attachment fields as well, so prefills wouldn’t work for attachments.

So I wouldn’t recommend trying to piecemeal this together in Airtable.

The much easier way of doing this would be to pay extra for a product that has all of these features built into the product natively. I’m specifically thinking about the forms in MiniExtensions.com. And it’s possible that the new On2Air: Forms has these capabilities as well, but @Hannah_Wiginton would know more about that than me.

Thanks Scott, we use On2Air Amplify and I’ve glanced at their forms offering but don’t see an option that allows a non-Airtable user to be given access to a specific record in the table inside of the form.

Airtable has a ‘Copy record URL’ that works as hoped but it requires an Airtable login to access the record. I was just hoping for some sort of setting that would not require the login.

The brand new On2Air Forms might offer this. If not, check out MiniExtensions.com, which I have used to setup over 25 clients with this exact functionality that you’re looking for.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set this up, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Hey John,

Our new On2Air Forms app can do this, where you don’t have to be an Airtable user. If you want to try it out, sign up here.

Glad to build this form for you in your On2Air account.

In this video, at 4:28, you can see how to share the form with an individual URL for each record in your table.

If you are ok with keeping the information publicly accessible, you can create formulas based on fields to pre-fill the form. So if you have a contacts base, each record in the base (each contact) has their own generated form prefill link, so when you send them that it already fills out the information that you have on record. You can achieve this more easily by using this tool Airtable App: Generate Links to Prefill Forms

I only wanted individually accessible by the person to whom I send a link. Hannah and I have been communicating and she is working on something.

| Dan_airtable
November 5 |

• | - |

If you are ok with keeping the information publicly accessible, you can create formulas based on fields to pre-fill the form. So if you have a contacts base, each record in the base (each contact) has their own generated form prefill link, so when you send them that it already fills out the information that you have on record. You can achieve this more easily by using this tool Airtable App: Generate Links to Prefill Forms