583 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron_Butler
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m using the formula below to generate a date, where “Nights” is the number of nights a short term renter is staying, and “End Stay” is the date generated by the formula:

DATEADD({Begin Stay}, Nights, ‘days’)

When I try to use the formula generated (“End stay”) date in a Calendar (for “end date”), I get this error: The above fields cannot be displayed because “Begin Stay” and “End Stay” have configurations that are not compatible. I have formatted both fields have identically.

I read in past messages that using DATEADD generated dates in calendars was possible, so I’m trying to locate my error. Is the fact that “Begin Stay” is in the formula for “End Stay” the issue?

I’m a newbie – any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

You can use computed and noncomputed dates together in a Calendar view.

You can’t use a Date and a DateTime together. Either they both have to be formatted as Dates, or both have to be formatted as DateTimes.

You also can’t use two Dates or DateTimes that have different timezone settings. Both fields need to have the GMT toggle turned on, or both need to have the toggle turned off.

Ron_Butler

Thanks so much for your reply. It looks like the inconsistency between GMT settings with throwing things off. It took me a few tries, but I think I finally got it.
Thanks again for your help.