1157 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oded_Stern
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was able to use successfully the zap to update a record in a table.
But… I want to have a way to get info from a potential client which his answers should be separated to two different tables. 1 is info about an asset, the 2nd is about contact.

What should I do?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

One table - two different views.

How? the data is different, and should be each in his own table

Let’s tackle the requirements first:

• The user must be able to enter all data via a single form.
  • Each entry from the user is captured as a single record (indicated in your initial question).
  • The system should seamlessly receive the data and store it into ideally one table because the ideal interface from the user is a single form.
  • The system should be able to view the unified data separately as either assets or contacts.

Is this an accurate reflection of the requirements?

This is accurate.
But how do I move the asset data later to its table of assets and contact data to contacts table automatically and still know the connection between of them, such as asset owner
Thanks for the help

Okay, so now the deeper requirements are coming into view when you add…

By asking this, you are suggesting a core requirement that either:

• A key requirement that contacts and assets be physically separated exists but has not been stated, or;
  • A separate view showing only contacts, and another view showing only assets (with owner) is insufficient.

Perhaps there are good reasons to separate contacts from their assets, but before assuming they must be separated, let’s add one or more requirements that would make it obvious.

I have a hunch that for each contact, there are one or more assets. Is this the case?

If it is, how is this one-to-many relationship handled by a single form that captures both Contact and Assets?

Oded_Stern

Can we keep this discussion offline?