cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aclayton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I'm trying to get an Airtable and Monday.com integration working with a basic 'if this pulse changes on a board, find the record in Airtable and update'.

I'm doing this with Make.com. My first step is a watch trigger that passes items which have been changed.

For the second step and to match changes between platforms, my search-by-formula looks like this:

IF({{3.previousValue.name}} = {Project name},1,0)

Where 3.previousValue.name is the name of the project before it was changed in Monday, and {Project name} is the primary field of the Airtable record. Any project name that returns true should be passed to the next step of the scenario.

However each time this runs, it searches the second value literally and returns:

IF(oldMondayProject = {Project name},1,0)

But of course nothing matches {Project name} because it's a variable, not a value. My third step would then be updating the record found in the second step with the value from the first step (newValue.name).

I'm not really sure what else to try and would love some help!

Thanks 🙂

3 Replies 3

Try putting straight quotes around the value that is the actual name (versus the field name).

aclayton

Hey kuovonne, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it still goes through literally.

IF(oldMondayName = 'Project name',1,0)

Any ideas why? I also had this issue in Pipedream so I don't think it's confined to Make.com.

Thanks

aclayton

bump!