Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max_Ruddock
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

New user to AirTable here.

I have a base set up that shows my users etc and a linked field that enables me to select a course for those users from another base. This all works fine.

In the base where all my courses are stored I wish to add a count field to show how many users have a specific course assigned to them - however I can’t seem to get this to work.

Hopefully the screenshots attached help. The first base has a column called ‘from delivery plan’ which is where I select the course from another base. The second screenshot is the second base with all the courses listed - I’d like to have a column which shows how many users have been assigned this course.

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:
Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 10.08.06
Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 10.08.33

3 Replies 3

Hi Max, could I get a screenshot of the Courses base that includes the linked field to the first bvase, as well as a screenshot of the Number of participants field setup please?

From the screenshots you’ve included everything seems fine

Max_Ruddock
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Adam,

Here is the delivery plan in its own base (Base 2). Here courses (entries) are specified with a course code. Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 09.50.42

Here are the participants in their base (Base 1). The ‘from delivery plan’ field is set as a linked field to the delivery plan (Base 2) - so a user can select a course from Base 2 to apply to this record.
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 09.50.21

Here is what that looks like:
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 09.51.58

This is what my count field in the delivery plan (Base 2) currently looks like. I’d like it to count how many participants from Base 1 have that record selected (i.e. number of participants on that course):
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 09.50.55

FYI, both bases currently have 1 table - and then I have synced the table from each base into the other.

Thanks in advance!

Ah I see, so in the Enrolment Leads table, you’re linking it to a record from the synced view Delivery Plan (Shared)?

If so, I think you’d need to create a count field inside Delivery Plan (Shared) and then create another synced view in the base that contains your original Delivery Plan table and sync Delivery Plan (Shared) back over or something

(Might be wrong though, thinking about this made my head hurt)

The other option would be to use a script to update each table I guess

This would be a lot simpler if the Delivery Plan and Enrolment Leads table were in the same base, and I’m curious what business need requires you to separate the two out like this?