Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Using the Stream Deck with Airtable (complex issue)

350 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate_Sheets
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone, I have a situation and I am not sure what I should be focusing on first. There are a few levels where the problem may be coming from.

I use Airtable in Chrome. As I move from cell to cell and view to view, I am often pressing a button on my Stream Deck that pastes small amounts of text for me. However, recently if I have expanded a long-text Airtable cell (so the whole cell pops up for easier reading), if I hit the button on my stream deck it closes the cell and does not paste it. This is not an issue, however, if I double-click within the cell and work on it without expanding it to the larger view. This is also not an issue with general copying/pasting with a keyboard. 

This issue comes and goes. I am trying to figure out where I should *start* with all this. Where do you think?

- Chrome

- Airtable

- Stream Deck hardware

- The app within Stream deck that "pastes"

Hopefully the question makes sense. If you have any ideas on what could be happening I'd totally appreciate them. 

1 Reply 1

Hmm, I'd investigate the app within the Stream Deck that's pasting I think

I assume it's a macro of some kind that's chaining some keyboard presses for you?  If so, what commands is it sending?