848 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivia_Martin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m having trouble viewing more than the Title and Date on my quick view while selecting an item on the calendar. Image for reference:

How do I add an additional field to view so I don’t have to “Expand record?”

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Olivia_Martin! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t give us the ability to change the interface nor the behavior of the calendar.

There are only 2 options that would do what you want to do:

1. Show the record list in the right margin (which it looks like you’ve already done), and then click on one of the records from that list. That will immediately take you into the “Expanded Record” view, where it shows you all of your fields.

2. You can create a read-only “share link” for your calendar by clicking on the “Share” button, and then choosing the option to “Show all fields in expanded records”. This will give you a URL that you can open in a web browser, and it will display your calendar there. When you click on an event here, it will immediately take you into the “Expanded Record” view and it will show you all of your fields. This is a read-only view, so you can’t make any changes here.
    It’s a real shame that we don’t have this option in the normal calendar view — you might want to add this as a suggestion in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions topic.

Hope this helps!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Olivia_Martin! :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t give us the ability to change the interface nor the behavior of the calendar.

There are only 2 options that would do what you want to do:

1. Show the record list in the right margin (which it looks like you’ve already done), and then click on one of the records from that list. That will immediately take you into the “Expanded Record” view, where it shows you all of your fields.

2. You can create a read-only “share link” for your calendar by clicking on the “Share” button, and then choosing the option to “Show all fields in expanded records”. This will give you a URL that you can open in a web browser, and it will display your calendar there. When you click on an event here, it will immediately take you into the “Expanded Record” view and it will show you all of your fields. This is a read-only view, so you can’t make any changes here.
    It’s a real shame that we don’t have this option in the normal calendar view — you might want to add this as a suggestion in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions topic.

Hope this helps!