Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to change week start day in date picker

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
tyzhik
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When you use a date picker for entering date in date field its always a Sunday as a week start day. Would be great to have ability to change it. Thanks!

47 Comments
Patrycja_Zarzec
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have my browser set to allow airtable access to my location (Poland, Europe) and yet I still get Sunday as the first day of the week? Am I doing something wrong?

Karl_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this feature! I need to set Monday as default

Daniel_Kress
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

please i need that as well in AUS

Joao_Goulart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not just on date picker, there should be a section on the database or on the date formulas to define what type of week we want. I work with different starts of week. One company has defined start of week as Thursday another as Monday and yet another as Sunday.

Is this something you have in mind? When do you guys believe this is going to be implemented. Excel has this one for ages, so, I am so used to it, that by now I thought it was a given.

Thanks

Edward_Grenzig
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I also want to change the calendar view start date to Monday, and I am in the US. I need the Sat & Sunday weekend displayed together!

Sebastien_Long
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I can think of so many use cases for the ability to define this in our Airtable settings, without workarounds to change our computer settingsโ€ฆ

Chrystel_Olouko

Also waiting on this feature.

Philipp_Jakob
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Worst thing for me sitting in Europe:

If you use the weeknum() function to generate week numbers from dates and then you group by those week numbers, it will include sundays in the, at least from a european perspective, wrong week.

Every calendar app wanting to be international offers this option. Itโ€™s a matter of global thinking.

Greetings
Phil, Europe, Switzerland

Debbie_Dolen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed. Having the ability to change this would be extremely helpful.

Heracles001

+1
Overall the week start day should be configurable in the app, and not through some โ€œauto-detectedโ€ locale deep within the OS settings.