Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to change week start day in date picker

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyzhik
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When you use a date picker for entering date in date field its always a Sunday as a week start day. Would be great to have ability to change it. Thanks!

47 Comments
Meagan_Caesar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks again! One more question… I’ve found this formula that suits my needs a little more, but I’m unsure how to adjust it so that Sunday is the last day of the week and Monday the first. If you have any suggestions I’d very much appreciate them.

CONCATENATE(“Week of”," ",DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Date},-DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},‘e’),‘days’),‘D/M’))

Christiaan_West

I wonder how Airtable users are distributed around the globe.

As a European it is so easy to pick the wrong date on a calendar that starts with Sundays.

Getting requests now from dutch people (who like to have their phone language in english) that want Mondays to be the leftmost date instead of Sundays in the calendar picker in an Airtable form. I now need to tell them to change their entire phone settings just for some Airtable form.

Christiaan_West

Everybody, we need your help! Can you please fill out this Airtable form in your browser and register the first day you see in the date pickers?

Sophie_Agger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve found a fix for the Mac app. I have my region as Denmark, but language as English - US in my system preferences. But you can change the language per app, so if I change that for Airtable to English (UK) or something else, it’ll do it right and you’re not forced to have another language as the primary language on the whole computer

Stefan_Rickli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bump. As Swiss, I get confused on a regular basis by this.

Victor_Stroe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A bit confusing in Europe :slightly_smiling_face:
In datepicker, but also Calendar View…

#bump

later edit:
As a workaround for Calendar View, there are Chrome/Edge browser extensions that can help in changing the browser locale. For me, it worked for the Calendar View, changing the first week day to monday, but did NOT fix it for the Date Picker input.

Laszlo_Lugosi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Planning a week of work from Monday to Sunday would be a key functionality of my project.
Finding this limitation after an hour of learning this product (as developer) is bit scary.
The negligence of an important topic (like this) also leave some question marks…

Gregory_Ruelle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 add the European date format

Tilek_Mamutov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 we are a global company and I believe having the week start on Sunday is confusing and not user friendly for most people around the world.

Matthew_Duhamel

Is there an update on this feature request?