Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

82 Comments
Doug-CUSOM
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this important organizational feature.

Helena_Rose
5 - Automation Enthusiast

PLEEEEEASEEEE Airtable add this feature, it is making our workspace really hard to navigate. We already pay a lot for the workspace as a charity with nearly 30 users, there is no way we can afford another workspace, but have over 100 bases and itโ€™s getting really messy. Folders and ability to password protect some bases please please please!

Bryanda_Epps
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The lack of folders is VERY discouraging for the mind attempting to focus. It also makes myself and others not want to use the platform as much. Please airtable stop all other feature developments and add this now. :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Alex_Esenler

We need folders! It is unsustainable for smaller organizations to keep on creating new workspaces in order to keep bases organized. We have one project that needs 50 bases, but it wouldnโ€™t make sense to have 5 different workspaces for each of them. Iโ€™m begging you, please create this feature :pray:

Adam_Workman

+100000 for this! Please come through for us Airtable (as you have so many times before)!

Reid_Kelley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+++ for this, please Airtable bring it home on this one!!. Permissions and sharing too on the folders would be game changing.
The uses for shareable folders are endless:

• archive unused bases
  • separate client resources
  • separate internal resources
  • separate project folders

I think it would be reasonable to protect this feature on a paid plan and even to limit the number of folders to 20 or something as to not erode the core โ€œper workspaceโ€ business model.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Iโ€™ve wanted workspace base management for years - so much so that I actually wrote to Airtable support with a feature enhancement request a couple of weeks ago. Now that Iโ€™ve done this, no doubt that weโ€™ll see this update with the next round of Airtable updates. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Chuck_G

This is something that seems trivial to implement, but is probably much harder than most (me included) think. With that said, I would think something like organizing bases would be a priority in a collaborative platform. This needs to happen.

Evan_Costa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on folder functionality, why isnโ€™t this being done?

Brian_Marsh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 This would be greatly beneficial. Our current workaround is to create a base that has links to all the other bases. But having to update it when a new base is created is a task.