Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to lock fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_Flores
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Unless Im missing it, I would like the ability to lock changes to fields in a base and/or records. Would help prevent accidental deletion. I discovered several days later I had done this…

76 Comments
The_Brewz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, please add this ability. It is very easy to accidentally edit the wrong cell (especially when a view is set to automatically sort or group). Once it gets accidentally edited it becomes very difficult to find and correct the mistake.

It would be extremely helpful to be able to lock on a per field basis.

SHC-Admins

I would appreciate an additional permission level so that as administrator I can give people the ability to add and edit data, but to prevent people from deleting a record. That is the biggest risk with our use of Airtable - someone accidentally deleting an entire record.

The ability to lock fields the way I can in Excel would also be a huge security help.

Tyrone_Elliott

Any updates on this?

Chris_Kinman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to track starting pay, but not share that with all collaborators. Have a field “starting pay” that can only be turned on with a password or by certain collaborators.

koh_daniel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This issue is almost 3 years old and not solved yet.
It seems almost certain that this feature won’t be added in a near future?

Owen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there - just a point on this - I think it’s really useful when fields are to be used by API only - would be great to lock these just to keep things secure and make sure systems are robust.

KeithGibson

Another vote for this! I want some – especially new! – base collaborators to have some table editing permissions but not total. And to prevent myself even from changing some fields without entering a password or confirming the change.

Micah_Genovese
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

3 years now we have been asking and nothing? Locking Field option? Disable record delete? Something? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Scott_Morad

Field permissions are in beta now…I am using PRO and am testing…clutch feature, opens collaborative use possibilities up drastically. THANKS!

Micah_Genovese
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Im using pro and don’t see anything on field permissions…