Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Access to forms on mobile device

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Currently, it does not appear I can directly access forms on a mobile device. If I have the share link, I can access the actual form to do data entry. However, if I donโ€™t have the share link handy, thereโ€™s no obvious way to access the form or even the share link. So, the simplest solution would appear to be: If selecting a view thatโ€™s a form, (while editing isnโ€™t allowed) allow the user to get to the live form (for data entry) or at least provide the share link in the error message. Please connect the dots here.

10 Comments
Laury_Wollery_S
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It is very annoying indeed.

If you use Android, you can open the 3dot menu and click โ€œRequest desktop siteโ€ which will take you to the full Airtable website.

Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s something similar for Safari on iOS.

Cosmo_Catalano_

I distribute the link to the form to my volunteers to enter their hours and data with their browsers. Although the format conforms to the phone screen, the keyboard (Android) pops up on every pulldown question and has to be dismissed (perhaps this is an Android issue?) making data entry tedious. The phone app should offer a way to use the form within the Airtable app, ideally.

David_McKay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We also need Form-only views on the iOS app:

We want the enhanced capabilities the native app offers (better keyboards, barcode scanning, photo taking, easy access for daily routine) in the Form view for this scenario: We want to have a Table that HQ can access, but have our employees in the field use the native app on their company iPhones to see only the Form that matches that table; they will scan barcodes, answer a couple questions and submit โ€“ dozens of times per day. But they should not have access to the Table.

We can get most of the way there with shared Form links, but the advanced input capabilities are missing in the mobile web browser.

The Table view in the iOS app has a โ€œ+โ€ button that actually shows the exact form we want them to use, but has no way to show ONLY the form for those users.

As a line-of-business, full-stack software engineer for the last 15 years, my gut intuition is that having most of the elements in place, you are a stoneโ€™s-throw from โ€œconnecting the dotsโ€ to make this capability a reality, if you just decide to include it in the next couple sprints.

Sol_Freeman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
just wondering if youโ€™re planning on adding forms to Android app?
I want to simplify inputting data from the app.
Please let me know

Will_Saleen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We would also like to see this functionality added to the iOS app.

JimT
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Again seems odd that you canโ€™t use a form to enter data from within the app. The app is just a bunch of html and javascript so why you canโ€™t view the form as a webpage as you do in browser is beyond me. Must be such a simple feature to add.

David_Pickard
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is a really important functionality I think. Our operators use mobile devices in the manufacturing environment and we want to move all our process checklists on to airtable. We can only do this by puting chrome shortcuts to the form on the hand-held home screen. Itโ€™s clumsy โ€ฆ

Emma_Fawcett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Really frustrating that we canโ€™t use forms still on the mobile app. after 2 years of this thread going. All my staff enter their work via forms and 8ts so clumsy having to use the shared link when they have the app.

Bart_Vanden_Me1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Very frustrating indeed. When i send the link to test the form on my smartphone, it opens the App !

Angus_Angermeye
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Couldnโ€™t agree more with everything here. In our use case adding records via the table on mobile is risky and difficult for users. The mobile apps really need a way to bring a user straight to a form. Perhaps the landing page that shows the bases could have a separate pane for form links? Although I can see how that would get out of control for larger workspaces with many bases and many forms. Maybe a long press on the base icon could bring up a list of forms? Whatever.

The work around I am using it to put a new table in each base that simple has one record where each field is a URL link button that goes to various forms for tables in that base. Iโ€™ve only tested in the iPad app and it opens each form in Safari perfectly well. Definitely a hack, but a reasonably functional one for basic use cases.
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 6.43.32 PM