Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add text (not associated with a question) to forms, aka section headers for forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Jervis
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Someone posted about this in support but I think it belongs here in feature requests. Please please please add the ability to break up forms with text that is not a question. I know Airtable is not a survey tool but this would make a HUGE difference in so many of my use cases, which depend on having volunteers do data entry through forms. Thank you!!

21 Comments
Seth_Compton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The lack of this feature is the only thing holding me back from upgrading to a pro account. It would be a game changer.

Rosemary_Belden
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need this!! Is there any update from Airtable? Is this a feature in free or pro? If not, is this in the roadmap? Please make this! It’s really needed for long forms.

Emily_Yang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Plus one on having a need for this feature! Happy to provide more insights on how we use forms but this is critical in providing context to our users who fill up the forms. It’s been a year or two since the first request, which seems very surprising since Airtable is usually really prompt on these things…

Linda_Bonder
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I need this too. We’re using AT to have immigrants register for English classes. “Part 1” of the form is to get their contact info & schedule preferences. They’re allowed to get help with that. “Part II” is the placement test - they’re not allowed to get help with that. We need a way to indicate that “Part II” has started, no more help allowed!

Frank_Dittmar

The request is very valid. AT should provide it.
The workaround is a Single Select field with no options and in the form (with Show field as list) you use the 2 text fields to make your own ‘divider text’.

AT-Form-SingleSelect

Russell_Bishop1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Really need this! There are already ‘custom’ meta in each form (title / description), so I’m sure there is room for this.

Berkeley_Mutual
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree 100%. This would be really helpful. Most if not all competing products allow you to add text blocks, dividing lines, images, and other elements to forms for appearance and clarity. It’s a huge gap that AirTable doesn’t support this.

Samantha_Levin

Adding my name to this request - it’s really important to be able to guide users on what data they’re entering. In my case, there are fields that are related and users must be able to understand how to deal with them. I can’t guide them in each individual field.

Thanks, Airtable!

Benoit_Lord
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree too. This would be very useful!!

John_Valdez_Tor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Why we have not received any response regarding this issue? I find it frustrating being ignored when there are so many requests in this regard… At least, let us know that your are working on this