Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add text (not associated with a question) to forms, aka section headers for forms

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Lisa_Jervis
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Someone posted about this in support but I think it belongs here in feature requests. Please please please add the ability to break up forms with text that is not a question. I know Airtable is not a survey tool but this would make a HUGE difference in so many of my use cases, which depend on having volunteers do data entry through forms. Thank you!!

21 Comments
Seth_Compton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The lack of this feature is the only thing holding me back from upgrading to a pro account. It would be a game changer.

Rosemary_Belden
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need this!! Is there any update from Airtable? Is this a feature in free or pro? If not, is this in the roadmap? Please make this! Itโ€™s really needed for long forms.

Emily_Yang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Plus one on having a need for this feature! Happy to provide more insights on how we use forms but this is critical in providing context to our users who fill up the forms. Itโ€™s been a year or two since the first request, which seems very surprising since Airtable is usually really prompt on these thingsโ€ฆ

Linda_Bonder
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I need this too. Weโ€™re using AT to have immigrants register for English classes. โ€œPart 1โ€ of the form is to get their contact info & schedule preferences. Theyโ€™re allowed to get help with that. โ€œPart IIโ€ is the placement test - theyโ€™re not allowed to get help with that. We need a way to indicate that โ€œPart IIโ€ has started, no more help allowed!

Frank_Dittmar

The request is very valid. AT should provide it.
The workaround is a Single Select field with no options and in the form (with Show field as list) you use the 2 text fields to make your own โ€˜divider textโ€™.

AT-Form-SingleSelect

Russell_Bishop1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Really need this! There are already โ€˜customโ€™ meta in each form (title / description), so Iโ€™m sure there is room for this.

Berkeley_Mutual
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree 100%. This would be really helpful. Most if not all competing products allow you to add text blocks, dividing lines, images, and other elements to forms for appearance and clarity. Itโ€™s a huge gap that AirTable doesnโ€™t support this.

Samantha_Levin

Adding my name to this request - itโ€™s really important to be able to guide users on what data theyโ€™re entering. In my case, there are fields that are related and users must be able to understand how to deal with them. I canโ€™t guide them in each individual field.

Thanks, Airtable!

Benoit_Lord
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree too. This would be very useful!!

John_Valdez_Tor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Why we have not received any response regarding this issue? I find it frustrating being ignored when there are so many requests in this regardโ€ฆ At least, let us know that your are working on this