Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Airtable Regional and Language Options

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmihokov
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think this has been posted already, but I wanted to recreate the topic and give more details so more users can find themselves actually wanting the same thing.

I’m sure many companies (like ours) fell in love with Airtable first they saw the great features it has.
When you see how you can greatly simplify project, database, or table management in general, you realise that with Airtable you can save a lot of your owns or your employees’ time.

But then… When I started to create some big tables, I found out this app lacks some simple regional options such as:

• Cannot change the decimal separator (not every country uses a “.” dot)
  • Cannot set a custom date format (not every country in Europe uses MM/DD/YYYY)
    In Germany we use MM.DD.YYYY and this must be respected. I know there is a workaround to create another column and use DATETIME_FORMAT() formula to reformat the date from original column - but this is not a solution.
  • Strings like month or day names should be translated to the chosen language of the base.
    So if you ever implement Regional and Language Options, please make it so users can change it for a base, and not whole program.

So, before we migrate completely to Airtable, and switch to one of Business plans - we’d like these fundamental options implemented.

Of course, we already are using Airtable, but just to create base concepts that we will use once this is implemented.

Thank you for your time, and please make this a priority.

2 Comments
Al_Ansar_FC

Arabic text isn’t exported correctly, if you guys can take a look at that I would appreciate it.

These are the characters I’m getting when exporting Arabic tables:

اللاعب الرقم المركز الجنسية

Juan_Garcia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sure. I use “,” as the decimal separator. That’s the caracter in my number keypad (spanish). Anyway thanks for this great program and community